People Moves: Invesco expands its Environmental, Social, and Governance team with 8 new appointments
Press Release - Invesco has expanded its ESG team with eight appointments across different asset classes and regions, following a surge of inflows and activity within its responsible investment assets.
The group reported ESG assets had grown to $52.7bn as of 30 June 2021, and it had launched nine ESG ETFS in Europe and a further three in the US recently. It has also joined the Net Zero Asset Managers initiative.
As a result, Invesco has hired the following team members to strengthen resources, all reporting into global head of ESG Cathrine de Coninck-Lopez.
- Mayde Sykora (Atlanta): Senior ESG analyst, fixed income
- Mark Duffy (Boston): ESG analyst
- Alexander Chan (Hong Kong): Head of ESG client strategy, Asia Pacific
- Sophie Conyngham Greene (London): Junior ESG analyst
- James Sieyes (London): Junior ESG analyst
- Conor Hartnett (London): ESG client strategies manager
- Maximilian Kufer (London): Head of ESG - private markets
- Sudip Hazra (London): Director of ESG research
Commenting on the ESG activity de Coninck-Lopez said: "Invesco has a strong, time-tested ESG track record, with some products exceeding more than 15 years in the market.
"We work hard to understand our clients' investment needs, which is central to our ability to deliver differentiated products that meet market demand."
Lance DiLorio, head of investment specialised services for Invesco, added: "ESG is a commercial imperative for Invesco as we see increasing interest from our clients. We have a clear plan in place to accelerate our progress and expanding the team is just one important piece of the puzzle.
"I am excited to welcome eight additional members to the Invesco team and know these individuals will continue to help our clients meet their ESG investing goals."