People Moves: H.I.G. Capital appoints Colin Hannaway from Houlihan Lokey as Managing Director in New York
Press Release (Business Wire) - H.I.G. Capital, LLC ("H.I.G."), a leading global alternative investment firm with $55 billion of capital under management, is pleased to announce that Colin Hannaway has joined the firm's Capital Formation Group as a Managing Director, based in New York City.
Colin will be responsible for business development and capital-raising activities across H.I.G.'s global private equity platform. With over two decades of private capital and investment banking experience, Colin joins H.I.G. from Houlihan Lokey, where he was a Managing Director in the Private Funds Group. His responsibilities included raising capital and advising the firm's clients across the private equity, private credit, and infrastructure asset classes. Colin began his career in Media & Communications investment banking at J.P. Morgan and HSBC.
Jordan Peer Griffin, Executive Managing Director and Global Head of the Capital Formation Group, commented: "We are thrilled to welcome Colin to H.I.G. His background and tenure in capital formation spans a wide array of private capital strategies and brings a depth of experience and relationships with established institutional investors. Colin will play an integral role in furthering our partnerships with investors across H.I.G.'s global private equity funds."
View the original press release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/beverlyhillschamber/20230227005217/en
-- ENDS --
About H.I.G. Capital
H.I.G. is a leading global alternative assets investment firm with $55 billion of equity capital under management.* Based in Miami, and with offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta in the U.S., as well as international affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Bogotá, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, H.I.G. specializes in providing both debt and equity capital to small and mid-sized companies, utilizing a flexible and operationally focused/ value-added approach:
- H.I.G.'s equity funds invest in management buyouts, recapitalizations and corporate carve-outs of both profitable as well as underperforming manufacturing and service businesses.
- H.I.G.'s debt funds invest in senior, unitranche and junior debt financing to companies across the size spectrum, both on a primary (direct origination) basis, as well as in the secondary markets. H.I.G. is also a leading CLO manager, through its WhiteHorse family of vehicles, and manages a publicly traded BDC, WhiteHorse Finance.
- H.I.G.'s real estate funds invest in value-added properties, which can benefit from improved asset management practices.
- H.I.G. Infrastructure focuses on making value-add and core plus investments in the infrastructure sector.
Since its founding in 1993, H.I.G. has invested in and managed more than 400 companies worldwide. The firm's current portfolio includes more than 100 companies with combined sales in excess of $30 billion. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website at www.higcapital.com.
* Based on total capital commitments managed by H.I.G. Capital and affiliates.