UK Wide - Advisor, ESG Investing and Corporate Reporting
Shift is a leading center of expertise on the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs). Playing an essential role in a small, dynamic team, the full-time advisor positions will be responsible for carrying out human rights work with project partners from business, financial institutions, standard setters and civil society. As an Advisor, you will work closely with colleagues throughout the organization on engagements that span the breadth of Shift's work.
- Engage and influence policymakers and standard setters to shape sustainability reporting frameworks and standards that result in better outcomes for people;
- Design and undertake engagements to enhance the processes and practices of investors and other financial institutions for screening portfolios for human rights risks;
- Act as the lead and/or in a support role on a range of initiatives to advance implementation of the UN Guiding Principles with diverse partners, including governments, companies, investors and civil society organizations;
- Lead and/or support the delivery of tailored workshops, including capacity-building workshops, with project partners and other stakeholders on applying the concepts in the UN Guiding Principles;
- Design, support and/or undertake engagements to build the capacity of businesses & financial institutions to implement the responsibility to respect human rights.