M&G Plc would like to identify profiles of senior investment professionals who have proven management experience to provide business leadership in the day to day management of the investment performance and investment risk teams.
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
• Critical role in translating strategy into implementation plans, influences and contributes to the strategy
• Ensures successful implementation of defined strategy
• Typically leaders of teams, or technical roles will lead the provision of advice across an area of expertise
• Balances competing requirements to deliver a balanced set of results, resolving significant or priority conflicts
• Addresses problems with broad reaching ramifications, with a need to manage different parts of complex systems and link to the broader picture
• Responsible for driving continuous improvement
• Drives incremental and transformational change in response to experience of market and customer needs, typically leads the delivery of major programmes of work
Key Responsibilities for this role:
• Work globally with regional heads of risk in a matrix structure.
• The primary audience will be CIO and heads of Investment desks, reporting and escalating to the CRO.
• Attract, retain and develop high-quality, professional investment risk and performance teams in the production of investment analysis for management along with effective Investment Risk support to the fund managers.
• Chair the Investment Performance and Risk Committee (likely to be a certificated Manager role under the SMCR regime) effectively and taking full responsibilities associated with role
• Manage the sub teams of Investment Risk & Performance - providing guidance and support as necessary to achieve their objectives).
• The ability to effectively communicate findings from the investment oversight process to both senior management and clients is crucial, combined with accurate judgement to identify and escalate issues and concerns appropriately.
• An appreciation and willingness to contribute to the culture of open investment debate is also vital to this role
• A detailed understanding of the investment processes, portfolios and risk positions across all portfolios and investment products, including their assessment and monitoring is required
• Fulfil and oversee the regulatory expectations for the role/team as required (FCA, PRA, Certificated Manager requirements for IPRC chair)
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Senior investment professional who have proven management experience to provide business leadership in the day to day management of the investment performance and investment risk teams.
• Knowledge and understanding of an investment management business
• Strong communication across all levels, the ability to challenge and question whilst work cohesively with senior stakeholders is vital to this position.
• The ability to manage an experienced and diverse team effectively ensuring the team remain engaged during this period of transition.
• Identify and fulfil regulatory requirements within own work
• Maintain own professional competence
• Technical ability in own work
• Understanding of investment processes and portfolio construction across the fund range
• Ability to identify areas of potential performance risk and ineffective fund management practices
• Customer focus, experience in dealing with clients and customers