Event - The 9th World Water Forum - Dakar, Senegal 2022 (21-26 March)
The 9th World Water Forum will take place in Dakar from 21 to 26 March 2022. The ambition of Senegal and the World Water Council is to organize a different Forum, at the social, political and economic levels, a Forum that is a catalyst for action to accelerate universal access to water and sanitation, a Forum that is connected and linked to global agendas and commitments relating to SDGs, the Sendai agreement on natural risks and disasters, the Paris agreement on climate, Africa's 2063 agenda, etc.
The Forum will also be an opportunity for Senegal and the World Water Council to exchange views on the future of water and sanitation, and a contextualized, global and community-based Forum anchored on key water challenges in Africa and around the world.
Thus, it is important to underline that previous editions of the World Water Forum included three major processes: thematic, political, and regional. However, the 9th Forum is centred on an integrated preparation based on quality, multi-actor exchanges around a limited number of priorities integrating the previous tools of the processes: thematic, political, regional, citizen.
The "Dakar 2022" Forum will focus on four priorities, namely:
- Water Security and Sanition
- Water for rural development
- Means and Tools including the crucial issues of financing, governance, knowledge management and innovation; four axes that constitute priorities for Africa, but also for the world as a whole.
The process will be led by specialized working groups structured around the 4 priorities. Each working group will be led by Senegal and the World Water Council, and supported by strategic partners (governments, intergovernmental, bilateral and multilateral organizations, financial institutions and non-governmental organizations). The strategic partners should play a leading role from the preparatory process to the organization of the Forum.
Registration is open and accessible through the Forum website here: https://signup.worldwaterforum.org/en/
Payments can be made by bank transfer or on-site. The badges will be provided on-site.
We invite you to register as soon as possible via our website to ensure your participation. We also invite you to visit our website regularly and to subscribe to our newsletter to keep yourself informed and up to date.
In addition, the Forum registration fee includes a complete package available to participants:
- Airport pick-up,
- Airport - hotel - airport transfers,
- Internal travel between hotels and Forum reception sites and hotels,
- Lunches and coffee breaks, and
- Participation in the Forum sessions.
- Access to the African and Sanitation Villages, the Response Path at EXPO
More information concerning registration, booth reservations, badges, etc... as well as the Exhibitor's Guide and the Participants' Guide (coming soon), is available on the Forum website: https://www.worldwaterforum.org/en
For your convenience, kindly find here-after useful links:
- Information on the preparatory process and organization: https://www.worldwaterforum.org/en
- Direct link to registration: https://signup.worldwaterforum.org/en/
- Direct link for Booth reservation in EXPO: https://stand.worldwaterforum.org/en/
- Subdivision plan: https://stand.worldwaterforum.org/en/plan-de-lotissement/
- Exhibitor's guide: https://www.worldwaterforum.org/en/exhibitions/exhibitor-s-guide
You will also find on the website all the information regarding the sanitary protocol to enter Senegal https://www.worldwaterforum.org/en/pratical-information/health-protocol-for-the-9th-world-water-forum as well as the procedure to obtain a visa (More information on question 1.5.).
Contact: Mariame Ba NDIAYE firstname.lastname@example.org