HEALTH & SAFETY
We're committed to our H&S responsibilities which reflect our nature as a remote business
Health & Safety Policy
Last Reviewed: 05/25/2021
Health & Safety at Work
This is the Health and Safety Policy Statement of IB Recruitment Services Limited, in accordance with Health and
Safety at Work Act (1974).
Our statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances;
- To provide information, instruction, and supervision for employees;
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
The overall and final responsibility for health and safety is that of the Directors of IB Recruitment Services Limited.
Day-to-day responsibility for ensuring this policy is put into practice is delegated to Director. To ensure health and safety standards are maintained/improved, the following people have responsibility in the following areas:
However, all employees have to:
- Co-operate with supervisors and managers on health and safety matters;
- Not interfere with anything provided to safeguard their health and safety;
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety; and
- Report all health and safety concerns to an appropriate person (as detailed in this policy statement).
Health and safety risks arising from our work activities
Risk assessments will be undertaken by the Director. The findings of the risk assessments will be reported to the Chair. Action required to remove/control risks will be approved by the Director. The Director will be responsible for ensuring the action required is implemented.
The Chair will check that the implemented actions have removed/reduced the risks.
Assessments will be reviewed every two months or when the work activity changes, whichever is
Consultation with employees
IB Recruitment Services Limited will consult with employees on the following:
- Any new measure which may substantially affect their health and safety at work, for example new equipment, new ways of working and new procedures
- Arrangements for getting competent people to help satisfy health and safety laws
- The information we give to employees on the risks to health and safety arising from their work, measures to reduce or get rid of these risks and what they should do if they are exposed to a risk, including emergency procedures
- Planning and organising health and safety training and
- The health and safety consequences for them of any new technology we plan to introduce
The information provided to employees will be in a form that can be easily understood. IB Recruitment Services Limited will consult directly with employees through team meetings and face-to-face discussions.
IB Recruitment Services Limited will allow enough time for employees to consider the issues and give informed responses. Employees are encouraged to ask questions, raise concerns, and make recommendations.
IB Recruitment Services Limited will take employees' views into account before a final decision is made, respond to any concerns and questions raised and explain the final decision and why it has been taken.
The Director will be responsible for identifying all equipment needing maintenance. The Director will be responsible for ensuring effective maintenance procedures are drawn up. The Chair will be responsible for ensuring that all identified maintenance is implemented.
Any problems found with equipment should be reported to the Director immediately.
Director will check that new equipment meets health and safety standards before it is purchased.
Safe handling and use of substances
The Director will check that new substances can be used safely before they are purchased.
IB Recruitment Services Limited does not currently use or store any substances which need a COSHH
Information, instruction, and supervision
The Health and Safety Law poster is displayed in the business premises where all work is conducted.
Leaflets are issued by the Director.
Health and safety advice is available from the Director.
Supervision of interns/trainees/volunteers will be arranged/undertaken/monitored by Director
The Director and The Chair are responsible for ensuring that our employees working at locations
under the control of other employers are given relevant health and safety information.
Competency for tasks and training
Induction training will be provided for all employees by the Director.
Job-specific training is required for all jobs by IB Recruitment Services Limited.
Training records are kept at/by the Director.
Training will be identified, arranged and monitored by Director
Accidents, first aid, and work-related ill health
Health surveillance is not required in relation to any jobs at IB Recruitment Services Limited. The first aid box(es) is/are kept within the vicinity of the business premises. The appointed person(s)/first aider(s) is Alfred Mayaki.
All accidents and cases of work-related ill-health are to be recorded in the accident book. The
book is kept within the vicinity of the business premises. The Director is responsible for reporting accidents, diseases, and dangerous occurrences to the
To check our working conditions, and ensure our safe working practices are being followed, we will:
- Carry out inspections and spot checks
- Investigate any accidents or sickness absences that occur.
- The Director is responsible for investigating accidents.
- The Director and the Chair is responsible for investigating work-related causes of sickness absences.
- The Director and the Chair is responsible for acting on investigation findings to prevent a recurrence.
Emergency procedures - fire and evacuation
The Director is responsible for ensuring the fire risk assessment is undertaken and implemented. Escape routes are checked by the Director every day.
Fire extinguishers are maintained and checked by a designated fire and safety provider every year.
Alarms are tested by Director every week.
Emergency evacuation drills are the responsibility of the Director and will be tested every week.